applying to our program
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Brown/Rhode Island Hospital Fellowship Program in Pediatric Infectious Disease! Each year, we invite residents from a variety of backgrounds to visit our campus and interview with our program. Our fellows are accomplished individuals hailing from from residency programs both in the United States as well as internationally.
Our program accepts applications through the AAMC Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Interviews are by invitation only.
Program: Brown University Program
Length: 3 years
Brown Pediatric ID Fellowship Code: 3354321050
Completed ERAS Application includes:
2. Personal Statement
4. Three Letters Of Recommendation (Chair’s Letter is NOT a requirement)
5. USMLE Transcript
6. Official Medical School Transcript
Note: We do not have a score cut-off for application consideration.
Foreign Medical Graduates Must Include:
1. A copy of your ECFMG certificate
2. Copies of all ECFMG/FLEX scores
3. At least two letters of recommendation from Accredited Medical schools
- Rhode Island Hospital does not sponsor new H-1 visas
- We do not use a USMLE cut off score
invitation to interview
Invitations to interview are sent on a rolling basis.
Interviews take place from the end of October through the third week of December. We will make every effort to accommodate your preference for interview day, but we cannot guarantee the availability of all dates. An email confirming your interview date will be sent to you shortly before your interview day.
Traditionally, applicants will come to the Hasbro Children’s Hospital for their interview. However, in light of COVID-19 and our efforts to comply with social distancing recommendations, the full interview day will be conducted remotely for the 2020-2021 season. We will be providing more details as the interview season approaches.
When traveling north on I-95, take Exit 18. Bear left at the end of the exit onto Thurbers Avenue. At the traffic light, take a right onto Eddy Street. After approximately 1 mile, you will come to a light at the intersection of Eddy and Dudley Streets. Hasbro Children’s Hospital is on the corner on your left. Continue straight through the light and take a left into the main entrance of Rhode Island Hospital (before the bridge). Eddy Street Lot will be on your right.
When traveling south on I-95, take exit 19. At the end of the exit ramp, bear toward the left. At the traffic light take a right and then an immediate right into the main entrance of Rhode Island Hospital. Public Parking (Eddy Street Lot) will be a short distance on the right
- Be sure to be in the RIGHT LANE of I-195 West (heading toward I-95 North)
- Take exit 1A for Point Street
- At end of ramp, turn RIGHT onto Point St
- At traffic light, turn RIGHT onto Eddy St
- Rhode Island Hospital Main entrance will be on your right (after highway underpass)
- Park in the Eddy St Lot, which will be on your right.
- This lot is directly in front of the Jane Brown Building and a short walk to the main entrances of Rhode Island Hospital and Hasbro Children’s Hospital.
As a result of our commitment to creating a culture of health, all Lifespan campuses are smoke free and, effective January 1, 2012 Lifespan will no longer hire users of tobacco products. In addition, the health system provides many services, most of which are free of charge to employees to assist them in improving their health and well-being.